We welcome applications from new traders doing food but please be aware, this is not a food and drink festival!

We already have an established set up for the person who runs our tea room for us and she and her team spend many, many hours baking everything fresh - nothing is frozen in advance. So to have someone outdoor doing other sweet things (pancakes, crepes, doughnuts etc) would not be fair on either party.

There is usually one other trader doing vegan and gluten free food indoors and also another that does other themed cupcakes and larger special occasion cakes to order.

We like to have generally two outdoor hot food traders outdoors doing something a little more exciting and exclusive than the run of the mill chip and burger purveyors. We would also like to have another that does vegan and vegetarian options but our current person with that has been unwell for the last few events. The reason we like to keep these to a minimum is to ensure each one has the opportunity to make some decent money. We appreciate the overheads and costs involved involved in running a hot food stall (not just the power to cook but also the fuel to get there) needs to work out as a viable option for their business.

Each trader will be supplied with a laminated trader pass which must be worn at all times to receive discounted prices for food/drinks and also to access the building. There are also photographers that regularly attend our events that take wonderful photos which are shared extensively so these also carry a special LSM Photographer pass to also receive discount. Food traders are advised to work out in advance what sort of discount they are happy to give.

Please go to this link here to see all the basic trading information and a checklist of what we need for you to apply. Food traders (both indoor and outdoor) MUST supply in addition to this checklist their contact address, trading address, food hygiene rating and local authority with whom they are registered. Proof of relevant documents/certificates must be supplied.

All food stalls should be registered with their local authority and have a food hygiene rating of 3 or above. They also need to comply with the national outdoor catering guide. This link here takes you to the outdoor catering checklist based on this national guidance and must be filled in by every food trader and indoor traders doing anything edible. We do not require the completed documentation to be sent to us nor to the council but this form will be used when inspecting the stalls, should Environmental Health Officers decide to attend the event.

Outdoor food traders need to have their own full set up as there may not be access to power nor shelter.

Pitch fee for hot food traders is just 10% of your takings payable at the close of business. Plus I and my husband get to sample something from your menu for lunch!

free templates